Sing Up Burton was an 18-month project to increase singing activity in schools and share the joy of singing with wider communities. Sing Up worked in primary and secondary schools, youth and community groups, and invited everyone to enjoy the benefits of getting together for a good sing.
Between January 2008 and December 2009 the programmedelivered a range of singing activities with primary, infant, junior, middle, special and secondary schools and youth and community groups across
- Programme activities included song writing workshops for children in transition, singing clubs for primary school children and training courses to enable people to lead singing activities.
- Promotes singing as a cross-curricular tool, in line with the National Curriculum.
- Provides training opportunities to lead inspirational singing activities with young people.
- Helps to improve the self confidence, social skills and musical abilities of the young people involved.
- Features enjoyable and educational singing based activities.
- Provides guidance from experienced singing leaders.
If you would like some more information about Sing Up, contact Maria Banks on 07834197632 and email@example.com
|National Sing Up Day hits high notes!
Sing Up Burton joins in national celebration of Sing Up programme.
|Read Full Story