In addition to project delivery, Make Some Noise provide development opportunities for staff, partners, music leaders and young people. We are developing a structured and supportive programme for the development of Young Music Leaders.
The current Young Music Leader group is targeted at young people aged from 15 â€“ 18 years old who have taken part in two of our projects, Sound Check and Youth Operatunity, are now keen to develop their own leadership skills, by delivering music workshops to other young people within their local community. This group is based at Cheadle Youth Centre and builds on the successes of our first Young Leaders programme held at Cannock Youth Centre where two young people were trained to deliver DJ workshops to other young people.
- A structured programme of training and work experience opportunities for young people interested in developing music leadership skills.
- Runs over 7 months, starting in September 2009.
- Relevant, formal training and development opportunities.
- MSN staff and an experienced Music Leader as mentor help to guide the young artists and develop the programme further.
- The mentor also provides support during the training of Young Leaders and the delivery of their music workshops at other youth centres.
- Provides networking opportunities and contacts to assist and support the participating artists with their next steps.
- Young Music Leaders will be encouraged to participate in the silver Arts Award
- Helps participants to increase their confidence in using their own body language and voice.
- Deals with behaviour/behaviour management and group dynamics
- Encourages Young Music Leaders to analyse their skills and enhance what they have to offer.
- Potentially provides a recognised qualification in Silver Grade Arts Award
Raises awareness of music leading as a potential career path, providing opportunities for progression and the development of skills in music leadership.
|Return to The Underground, Hanley for Music Event
Make Some Noise at the â€˜Undergroundâ€™ in Stoke on Trent on the 27th October as part of the Power Tour, celebrating Youth Music Week 2010.
|Read Full Story
|100 Arts Award Bronze & Silver Passes
28 bronze passes and 4 silver passes takes Make Some Noise's total Arts Award passes to 100!
|Read Full Story