Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, recruitment for these posts has been suspended until further notice
Make Some Noise in recruiting for 2 new Early Years Programmes Assistants.
- Salary: £15,796 – £18,278 pro rata (depending on skills and experience)
- Fixed term contract for 12 months, subject to funding
- Office Base: Central Stafford
- Job reference PA03/20: Contract 5 hours per week. Tuesdays between 12pm & 5pm
- Job reference PA04/20: Contract between 8 and 10 hours per week split over 2 days, to be negotiated
Make Some Noise is excited to be growing its Programmes Assistant Team by offering these new roles to support our range of music programmes that encourage development in babies, toddlers and children (alongside their parents/carers and nursery practitioners). As we approach 20 years of early years childhood development, speech and language, movement and music delivery; we are excited to be able to offer these roles in our growing organisation.
We are looking for a highly organised and methodical individual, experienced in creative early years provision. Being a musician is not vital to this role; the position is ideal for someone who is capable of communicating how our early years music programmes develop key skills such as communication and language, literacy, physical development and expressive arts.
You will work alongside the Programme Development Officer to provide project coordination to support our range of music programmes. The focus of the role will be to support our flagship early years music provision for disadvantaged and marginalised children (0-5yrs old).
You will be expected to organise our freelance musicians, to ensure they achieve the following:
- A good understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Develop their experience in leading early years music classes/workshops
- Develop their early years music repertoire (songs, rhymes, games, activities)
- Delivery that builds positive, supportive and ongoing relationships with children and their families
- Delivery that is friendly, inclusive, responsive and adaptable approach to children’s musical ideas and interactions.
You may occasionally be expected to attend sessions that develop personal, social and musical skills of under 5s (alongside their parents/carers) who are dealing with challenging circumstances and have additional needs, to provide backup support if necessary.
Make Some Noise is highly regarded for its work with children, young people and families, and regularly contributes to strategic development on a local and regional scale. Predominantly working with organisations across Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Shropshire and Warwickshire we are interested in challenging perceptions and offering new ways to move lives beyond disadvantage through music.
Closing date: 8am Thursday 19th March 2020. Please note applications received after this time will not be considered.
Interviews: Thursday 2nd April 2020
- Applications will only be accepted on our completed Application Form. Please do not include CVs
- If you wish to apply for both posts, please indicate this in the application form by stated both job references. However, we are looking to recruit two separate part-time roles and we are unable to offer this as one combined role
- Applications received after this deadline and/or without a completed application form, will not be considered
- If you are not invited to an interview by 23rd March 2020, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted. As a small team we are unable to respond to each applicant individually
- Please send completed application form (preferably by email) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, post to: Eastgate House, 79/79a Eastgate Street, Stafford, ST16 2NG
- If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com